The increasing demand of fish products and the decline of natural stocks makes it difficult to think in a supply based only in extractive fishing.
Nevertheless, the sustainability of aquaculture is only possible if we start from the respect and knowledge of the environment and its complementarities with traditional fishing.
Canaest Consulting has participated actively in the development of marine aquaculture firms, producers associations, research centres and public administrations.
We have also participated in the implication process of the artisanal fishing communities in this activity across Europe as well as in third countries.
- Strategic Plan for the Aquaculture in the Canary Islands (2014)
- Socio-economic assessment of marine aquaculture in the Canaries, Spain (2012)
- Evaluation PROPESCA. Puno Region, Lake Titicaca, Perú
- Study on aquaculture products commercialization systems in Spain
- Elaboration of feasibilities studies on aquaculture development
- Formative program: Aquaculture for artisanal communities
- Elaboration of a feasibility study of marine fish culture
- Techno economic audit of Canarian fish farms