Cooperation for Development
Guaranteeing the durability of the actions
As we understand cooperation for development, the implication of local communities through participative processes is fundamental. Likewise, we consider that the creation of capacity is essential, as well as the social, economic, environmental and technologic sustainability of the results.
The specialization of Canaest in the fields of fisheries, aquaculture and marine environment makes out of its participation in cooperation for development a true exercise of knowledge transfer and guarantees lasting results of the best technical quality.
We have participated in the identification, formulation and evaluation of cooperation projects to the development of Western Africa and Latin America.
- Support for the formulation of the Fisheries Development Program in Haiti. Diagnosis and investment plan (Interamerican Development Bank)
- Socioeconomic Reconversion Plan for shark fishers and transformers in West Africa, (EU - ACP Fish II)
- Evaluation of the Program "Support to Fisheries and Aquaculture Sectors in the Region of Puno, Peru" (Fondo de Cooperación Hispano Peruano)
- Evaluation of the Program “Technical Assistance for the Improvement of the Maritime and Fisheries Training Levels at Namibian Maritime and Fisheries Institute (NAMFI)” AECID
- Identification and formulation of project in fisheries development in Cape Verde, Mauritania, Senegal, Guinea Bissau, Venezuela... (Spanish External Aid Agency, European Commission, Europe Aid)
- Evaluation of the Official Cooperation of the Canarian Autonomous Community in Mauritania. Canarian Government
- Coordination of the project: Support and integration of fisheries formation as a tool of sustainable development of fisheries sector in Mauritania, Philippe Cousteau Foundation
- Mid-term evaluation of project “Integrated fisheries development pole in Tiguent”, Mauritania. ( Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affaires )